Dionne Quintuplet spoon


This is a special beach combing find. When I first found it, I realized that it had the outline of a girl on the top of the spoon. But it wasn't till last year that I had its mystery revealed. A senior women came to my studio with her family during my presentation I showed the spoon. She immediately recognized the spoon! As a young girl she remembered sending away for the spoon on the back of a box of cereal and requesting Marie's name. The spoon I have has Yvonne' name on it. The funny thing about the Dionne Quints is that they were born in my neck of the woods in North Bay, Ontario. They born in 1934 and made into a tourist attraction because they were the first surviving quintuplets. Two of the quints are still alive however they lives were scarred by the media attention. As you can see this spoon has taken a beating.